Sam's Chowder House
Half Moon Bay, CA
Nestled on a cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean, Sam's Chowder House offers stunning sunsets, outdoor oceanfront dining, and a casual and authentic seafood experience reminiscent of a New England style seafood house. Opened in the fall of 2006, Sam's has become a favorite coastal gathering spot in the greater Bay Area, serving between 1,000 and 1,500 guests per day. Dine inside or out, and enjoy the outdoor bar, cozy firepits and Adirondack chairs on the dog-friendly patio. Open 7 days a week, lunch through dinner, and private events.
- Featured on NBC-TV's The TODAY Show for Sam's famous Lobster Rolls, selected by the Food Editor as one of the TOP FIVE "Best Sandwiches in America"
- "Best Seafood Restaurant in the Bay Area" San Francisco "Best of the Bay List"
- "Best Waterfront Dining in the Bay Area" ABC 7's Bay Area A-List
- "Top Three Outdoor Dining Spots in the Bay Area" by San Francisco Magazine
- Culinary Hospitality Award, Top Restaurant in the Seafood category, Sante Magazine
- "Diners' Choice" award, OpenTable diners
San Francisco Bay Area
In 2009, the team launched the first mobile gourmet seafood truck in the nation, with Sam's ChowderMobile. Now four mobile trucks serve award-winning cuisine directly to customers throughout the Bay Area for lunch and dinner, business and social events, weddings, and even Lobster Clambakes on the beach.
- "Top Ten Fab Food Trucks in America" The Discovery Channel (TLC's) "Best Food Ever" series
- "Top Ten Food Trucks in San Francisco" by Gayot ("the guide to the good life")
- "Bay Area's Top 12 Best Meals on Wheels" by Zagat's 25th annual San Francisco Bay Area Restaurants Survey, which covered 1,448 restaurants, reviewed by 10,672 local diners
- "Best of the Bay Area's Street Food" CBS San Francisco
- "San Francisco's Best Street Food" Budget Travel